The Maui Photo Festival & Workshops is about to kick off its third year and I am (finally) getting to go. Previous years just didn’t work with my schedule, but this year worked out brilliantly!
I take my job as official photographer and videographer for Go Visit Hawaii seriously–I have to, Sheila has a list a mile long of people wanting to take my place! 🙂 Even though I’ve taken literally thousands of photos in Hawaii (sample), I still consider myself an amateur and I’m looking forward to learning from some of the best in the business!
Here’s a sample of the workshops I’m salivating over…
- The Art of the Landscape – landscape photography is one of my favorites!
- Lighting Essentials and Visual Perception – I am crap when it comes to lighting portrait subjects. Unless it’s natural light, I am lost. Hoping to pick up some tips for strobes/flash photography.
- Mastering the Art of Food Photography – Sheila will not let us eat a single bite of dinner, until we get some food “porn” shots. Great food photo tips are always welcomed!
- Hula on the Beach – I have a couple of great hula shots, but this is gonna be awesome!
- Considering Your Options With HDR – HDR is probably one of my strengths, but I still sometimes end up with halos etc. Hoping for some fine tuning tips here.
That’s just a sampling of the workshops on my agenda. Of course, I’m looking forward to meeting a whole bunch of photogs that are equally passionate about Hawaii photography…oh, and the pupus, love me some pupus!
There’s still time to register, so see you there!